77 Ford pick up question

Old 02-15-04, 10:42 PM
Question 77 Ford pick up question

I have been trying to find a steering part for a 1977 Ford F250 4X4 it mounts to the frame on the driver side visible from inside the wheel well it is a hydraulic steering part (I would call it a slave cylinder) I have tried every where to locate one does anyone have any idea where I could get one or who could rebuild it?

Sponsored Links
Old 02-16-04, 03:51 AM
It sure sounds like your talking about the steering box/gear. That should be readily available in a reman unit from most any auto parts supplier.

Old 02-18-04, 03:03 PM
This is not the steering gear box and is not easily available
I have tried everywhere most dont know what I am talking about
it is a round cylinder that is on the frame under the fender behind the driver side front tire.

Old 02-18-04, 05:03 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Have you tried www.uneedapart.com ? Junkyards from all over the country check it out and will email you with a price if they have the part you need.

Good luck finding it!!!

Old 02-18-04, 06:02 PM
If you don't know what it is, why are you replacing it? Is it leaking? How do you know it is a steering part? I don't know of anything in the power steering like what your describing.

Old 02-18-04, 07:32 PM
fordman30
Visiting Guest
i have a 1977 ford f 250 and mine dont have nothing like what your describing on it..

Old 02-18-04, 07:38 PM
I think you mean the steering stabilizer cylinder. There are re-build kits available or complete cylinders. Try rockauto.com

Old 02-19-04, 05:15 AM
Some of those older Fords used a trigger valve connected to a hydraulic piston but what's throwing me off is the "attached to the frame" statement. This piston would be anchored at one end to the frame. If that's what you are talking about then "A 1 Cardone rebuilds them and they can be order by most parts stores. (real ones, not Discount or Auto Zone)