95 nissan p/u ,4 cyl. 5 speed manual, 2wd, can`t pull trans. out.

Old 02-17-04, 04:03 PM
95 nissan p/u ,4 cyl. 5 speed manual, 2wd, can`t pull trans. out.

I am in the middle of pulling the 5 speed manual trans. from a 95 nissan p/u truck. My intention is to change the clutch but I cannot separate it more than about an inch from the engine. I tripple checked for any bolts or anything else that might be holding it back and found nothing. Is there something about these trucks that I don`t know about. Please reply soon. Thank you so much.

Sponsored Links
Old 02-17-04, 04:12 PM
MMMMMM

You did remove the shifter rod right?That is all I can think maybe someone else has an idea

Old 02-18-04, 12:58 AM
mike from nj
Visiting Guest
having never worked on that particular truck, 2 things i've seen

sometimes you have to unbolt the slave cylinder completly from the trans case.

one time i had the pilot(NOT the throwout) bearing sieze onto the end of the input shaft. being pressed into the back of the crankshaft made for a pretty difficult removal, especially after the bearing worked it's way out of the crank and refused to go through the clutch disc. it took two people, with the biggest prybars in the shop to break it loose.

there are also some clutch systems with a 'pull' type disc, where the throwout bearing snaps into the pressure plate, and it's job is to pull the clutch to disengage it(where normal t/o bearings push on the plate). these you might need to follow a procedure to disengage it(i know on isuzu V6s you do). maybe a service manual would help you a little here.

wish i could offer more.