blown head gasket

Old 02-18-04, 11:50 AM
Paullie
Visiting Guest
Unhappy blown head gasket

No one has to tell me how stupid I've been. I have tried to get my car safetied and on the road as cheaply but legally as I can. I had most of the work done by a mechanic(not licensed) at a wreckers. He told me my engine spewed oil after he replaced the head gasket and suggested I let him put a good used engine in. Ilet him, I also let him do all the safety work required. After he left on a weeks vacation I found out he had not done half the work he said he had done and the the other half had been done haphazardly. NOW, I am told the engin he put in has a blown head gasket(go figure). I've got 90 days on the repairs. The wreckers is owned by a collision shop and I plan on trying to get them to fix it without allowing this guy near it. My question is this: the engine he put in runs very well despite the blown head gasket. Should I tell them I want another engine or might it be worth having the engine in it repaired? I thought it was about time I asked for advice. Everyone I know only has advice after the fact(ugh).[email protected]

Sponsored Links
Old 02-18-04, 02:57 PM
Re: blown head gasket

Originally posted by Paullie
My question is this: the engine he put in runs very well despite the blown head gasket. Should I tell them I want another engine or might it be worth having the engine in it repaired? I thought it was about time I asked for advice. Everyone I know only has advice after the fact(ugh).[email protected]
That's a tough decision. You really need someone to look at it other that the idiot that caused it all. Do you have ANY idea how many miles are on this engine? Being that he can't be trusted, he may give you something worse. It may be time to get a lawyer involved to protect your interests, or at least a good mechanic to advise you.

Old 02-18-04, 03:31 PM
Question

What kind of car do you have?Also why did you take your car there in the first place?What do you mean by saftied?