Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Gas sensor, 93 Ply. Gr. Caravan

02-18-04, 12:17 PM   #1  
Gas sensor, 93 Ply. Gr. Caravan

I have a 93 Plymouth 6cyl. gr. caravan. It is in excellent shape except that the gas guage doesn't record the correct amount of fuel. When the tank is full the guage will show full but as soon as I use approximately 4-5 galons the guage will show empty and the gas light comes on. I immediately fill up again because I'm afraid the van might stop for lack of gas. Two questions: Will the van stop if the light comes on showing no or low gas even if the tank is almost full? Question # 2: Is there such a thing as a gas sensor and where is it located. A friend of mine told me it sounds like a gas sensor. Is the gas sensor the old fashioned float which in in the gas tank? I thank you for your attention. You've always been on the money in the past. Alibaba

Sponsored Links

02-18-04, 02:52 PM   #2  
No, it won't run out of fuel just because the gauge reads empty if your sure there is still fuel in the tank. Yes the "gas gauge sender" is a float insde the gas tank and the tank has to be dropped to replace it. There is a slight possibility that the dash portion of the gauge is faulty but most likely is the tank unit.

Search this Thread