Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Graphic Equalizer

OH

02-19-04, 04:06 PM   #1  
Graphic Equalizer

I have found a 1987 Graphic Equalizer that is SUPPOSED to fit in my 1988 T-bird coupe. It was one of the few options not on the car when it was originally ordered. It has its own Female plug wired into the back of it, but the male plug that was with it (with the wires cut from whatever T-Bird it came from) doesnt resemble the one plug that I can see under the dash, which is already plugged into its own receptacle. Should I be looking further for another male plug in the car, or did a special wiring harness or radio have to be ordered for this option to work?

Sponsored Links

02-20-04, 05:23 PM   #2  
You would have to ask Ford about that those things can change year to year not like the old days.

OH

02-20-04, 05:35 PM   #3  
Equalizer

I stopped at the Ford dealer today. Their computer says that the same wiring harness was used from 1984 to 1988 and so was the equalizer option. There were no optional wiring harnesses offered according to them. Im hoping somebody out there might have one installed in their "bird" and could take a look at it to help me..who knows lol

Search this Thread