Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

1994 accord brake fluid

02-20-04, 09:46 PM   #1  
1994 accord brake fluid

i ahve a 1994 accord EX 4 cyl. with about 140,000 miles. I had the master brake cylinder replaced about 3 years ago. within the last 2 months an odd problem has started. i have to add brake fluid once a month. i've looked for leaks, and haven't found any. A friend said it might be condensation in the lines... should i just flush it and add new fluid?

thanks,
mitch.

Sponsored Links

02-20-04, 09:55 PM   #2  
If you've looked at the caliper's, brake lines, wheel cylinders, and no leaks were found, then there's the possability that the fluid is leaking behind the master cylinder, into the brake booster. You can remove the 2 nuts holding the master cylinder to the booser, and ease it forward enough to see behind, into the booster.
If you're very careful, you do not need to remove the brake lines from the master cylinder..Just be sure not to crimp the brake lines!!

02-20-04, 10:02 PM   #3  
is that something that i can just let go and keep adding brake fluid on a regular basis, until i get around to fixing it, or should i get it fixed asap?

02-20-04, 10:13 PM   #4  
Personally, and as a mechanic, I'd recommend getting it diagnosed, and fixed as it is a saftey issue. It may be seeping now, but there's no telling when it'll begin to pour, leaving you with no brakes..

Visiting Guest

02-20-04, 11:36 PM   #5  
ilketile
if no noticable leaks you might check rear breaks if their drum the wheel cylinders may be leaking. a good indication of that would be that they lock up easily on back.

02-21-04, 03:48 AM   #6  
It definately has a leak somewhere. You need to find and repair it asap. Earlier posts had some good suggestions.

Search this Thread