towncar noise

Old 02-23-04, 09:13 AM
peter88
Visiting Guest
towncar noise

Have a 95 Lincoln Towncar that I just bought with 55k on it. I'm getting a squeeking noise from the front suspension on both sides when going over dips in the road. I can create the noise by pushing down on the front hood and releasing. It appears to be coming from the springs around the shocks. I tried oiling them but didn't help. I can't find any lube points either. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Old 02-23-04, 10:08 AM
sway bar bushings...

...are the most common squawk maker on cars...what you may need to do is put your hands on various components while someone else bounces the car...when you touch the offending part, you'll know it

Old 02-23-04, 02:49 PM
Don't be spraying oil on your rubber parts, you'll just ruin them. There are a few possibilities to act like that and your going to have to rely on touch while someone else is bouncing. When you touch the right component, you will feel the vibration. Check the upper control arm bushings, lower control arm bushings, spring seats top and bottom, lower ball joints, sway bar bushings (as previously stated), shock bushings and tie rod ends. Any one of those things can do that.

Old 02-24-04, 12:07 PM
peter88
Visiting Guest
Thanks to both of you for your help.