Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

where to get new owner's manual

Visiting Guest

02-23-04, 01:28 PM   #1  
sven556
where to get new owner's manual

I bought a 95 dodge dakota last week and there was no owner's manual with it. Where can I get a new one? Also, can I get the manual off the internet in pdf form, for reference until the hard copy gets here?

also, the windshield wipers quit working already, what are common ailments with windshield wipers that I should check before going to a mechanic?

THanks,
sven

Sponsored Links

VA

02-23-04, 01:56 PM   #2  
contact a dealer...

...to see if an owners manual is still available...my guess is it's not...they only print so many.

on your wipers...have you checked the fuse? if it's ok...try wiggling the wires at the motor, try moving the blades a little and see if it takes off. you could also try lightly rapping on the motor and see if they go then. if they do, you probably need a motor. if they don't respond...you'll have to do some electrical diagnosis...or take it to someone who can.

02-23-04, 09:10 PM   #3  
Owners manuals are available from Helm Publishing as long as it is not out of print. The dealer will just refer you to them. You can find them on line or look in the back of any owners manual for contact information.

If it is out of print which I doubt try Hemmings Motor news or e-bay.

VA

02-24-04, 08:45 AM   #4  
i tried...

...and they don't list Dodge...or any Daimler-Chrysler products for that matter...at least online. I looked for my 93 seville and that they have...and i thought helm did everybody's.

back to the dealer, i spose...

Visiting Guest

02-24-04, 08:52 PM   #5  
mike from nj
i bet you'd have your choice of manuals if you searched e-bay

wipers---i'm wondering if they are still the 'older style' case grounded motors. if you can make it not work consistently, put a jumper wire (alligator-clip style) between the motor body and a clean ground, that might help you out, let us know whether it does or not.

Search this Thread