Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

oil light stays on

Visiting Guest

02-24-04, 04:57 AM   #1  
krispykream05
oil light stays on

I have a 92 acura legend just had a transmission replace now my oil light pops on then go off then stay onagain and i can hear
a funny sound when i drive .Sounds like my engine is blowing real low and the more you excelerate you can hear loud .

Sponsored Links

VA

02-24-04, 08:29 AM   #2  
not sure...but,

it is possible that a combination of things happened during the transmission swap...it's possible that the wiring to the oil pressure sending unit got caught and shorted to ground and is turning on the light....AND...it's possible that some foreign object is trapped between the transmission and engine (in the bellhousing area) and is causing the noise...

the likelihood of these two things happening coincidentally is remote...it sounds more like the engine is damaged internally...from what?...impossible to say at this point. i'd check the oil level first and perhaps touch base with the folks that did your trans work. how long has it been since you had that done? how many miles?? if it's been a few weeks or hundreds of miles then i think somehting bad has happened and it's not related to previous work...if, on the other hand, the problem was there when you picked it up from the trans people, you have a right to ask some questions.

Search this Thread