Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

96 Lumina Blinker Troubles!

Visiting Guest

02-25-04, 04:04 PM   #1  
hornytoad
96 Lumina Blinker Troubles!

Hello everyone! First time posting, but I read through some of the other posts and seems to be a great site!

Now, let's get to the point. We have a 96 Chevy Lumina 3.1. For several months now, our blinker has been acting very strange. Strange as in, it doesn't work half the time. My husband has discovered that if we turn the headlights on and put them on bright, then dim them again, the blinkers will start working. Has anyone ever had this problem before or have any clue what we need to do to fix it? Also, the cruise control doesn't work anymore either and the headlights, cruise control, and blinkers are all controlled by the same wand.

Thanks so much in advance!

Sponsored Links

02-25-04, 04:11 PM   #2  
They may be all controlled by the same lever but they are actually 3 different switches. You might try a new flasher first for kicks but someone is going to have the trace a schematic to find the problem. I assume it's happening to both sides.

Visiting Guest

02-25-04, 04:25 PM   #3  
hornytoad
Yep, it is happening to both sides. What do you mean by trace a schematic? Can we do that or do we have to take it to a shop? Thanks a bunch for the quick reply!

Search this Thread