Interior Courtesy Light Stays ON

Old 02-26-04, 05:35 PM
Question Interior Courtesy Light Stays ON

1997 Ford Taurus Station Wagon.
All doors and tailgate are closed. Interior dome light stays on, and warning on dash "open door or tailgate" warning light remains lit.
These late model cars don't have pin switches like the "good ole days". Do they use a sensor in the door to make the light work? I'm thinking that maybe I have a broken wire in the loom that runs thru the door jamb into the body. Thanks for your assistance.

Sponsored Links
Old 02-26-04, 05:47 PM
There is plenty of info on this do a search in the auto forum. Here is one http://forum.doityourself.com/showth...oor+ajar+light

Old 02-26-04, 06:35 PM
fordman30
Visiting Guest
hey grandspan all newer fords and mazdas have this in common your problem is the door adjar switch is bad....the part will cost you about 20.00 a piece if you do it yourself.if you have a garage to do it ......empty out the wallet.so if you have any automotive experince you can do it.......it will make your door adjar lite come on your interior light stay on and usually make the dinger keep dingging.... hope this helps let me know what you find out thanks the FORDMAN

Old 02-27-04, 09:17 PM
Take some WD-40 and spray down the door latch. The switch is in the bottom of the latch. And send me the $20.00 just kidding! This does fix them.

Old 03-02-04, 07:32 PM
The WD-40 did the trick. I sprayed all the doors, the light went out after spraying the driver's side back door. Thank you.