Struts on '01 Hyundai Santa Fe

Old 02-28-04, 10:26 AM
dfrandin
Visiting Guest
Question Struts on '01 Hyundai Santa Fe

I have an '01 Hyundai Santa Fe with just under 36K miles on it. I've begun to notice a lean/roll when going around a corner, and a loud pop sound when going over a speed bump or hitting a chuckhole. Am I looking at replacing struts on this vehicle already? I read another post on this board about a Toyota not needing struts until after 100k.. Am I going to see replacement necessary this early on this vehicle?

Thanks in advance,
Dave Frandin
daveATfrandinDOTorg

Sponsored Links
Old 02-28-04, 11:22 AM
Should still be under warrantee? Bring it back to the dealer let them check it out.

May not be a strut, could be problem with sway bar or sway bar link.

Old 02-28-04, 04:35 PM
That problem should be able to be diagnosed. If you have a bad strut, it shoud be obvious. As for you comment about the 100K on a Toyota, remember one thing. A Hyundai is definately not a Toyota or even close. That whole car is pretty well used up at 100K.

Old 02-28-04, 08:19 PM
You have a 10 year/100K mile warranty. Dont even sweat this, just take it to your local dealer and let them fix it. I am a Hyundai/Kia tech and I can tell you that you should not have any problem with shocks or struts on this vehicle unless it has been abused.
Desi..... Good answer. I work on these things every day and I can agree with you on that for sure.
Billy

Old 02-29-04, 06:23 AM
dfrandin
Visiting Guest
Thanks all for the good advice.. I have to take the car in for a service bulletin I just recieved regarding the front oxy sensor, and I'll have them check out the struts while it's there..

Dave