keyless entry

Old 03-06-04, 04:28 PM
keyless entry

I have a 95 Chevy Lumina that has been a jewel of a car. I plan to drive it till the wheels come off. But my keyless entry has been working intermitantly for several years. I had the battery replaced, which had no affect on the problem. I took it to the dealer where I bought it and they opened it up and cleaned the connections. It performed better for a short time (a day or two) but then went back to working about 50 percent of the time.

When I click on the buttons, sometimes they work and then sometimes nothing happens. The same problem exists when I try to open the doors and when I try to open the trunk. I don't use the keyless entry to lock the doors much and I haven't noticed it being a problem. Do you have any suggestions?

Sponsored Links
Old 03-06-04, 05:06 PM
Is it a factory system or Aftermarket installed?

Old 03-07-04, 11:14 AM
It is factory installed - came with the car.

Old 03-07-04, 11:23 AM
Well it seemed they maybe on to some thing by cleaning the contacts. Factory system should have two remotes...how is the other one?

Old 03-07-04, 01:15 PM
lost it years ago. The contacts didn't really help. Maybe I need to just bite the bullet and buy another one. I think they are about $200. Are after market ones reliable? or should I stay with Chevy parts?

Old 03-07-04, 01:28 PM
You can get a new factory remote for under $50. Do a search on the net there are sites that sell them. Wrecking yards may also be a possibility.