Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

need help

Visiting Guest

03-07-04, 09:22 PM   #1  
cysidoro
need help with 95 jeep cherokee

I have a 95 jeep cherokee and I have not been able to use the heat or ac due to that it will not heat or cool when used but it also gives out a really bad odor. I really can't explain the smell but it does smell kind of like rotten eggs. I don't know if this will help you but can someone please tell me what it can be and maybe how to fix it? It does smell more like that mildew smell and the fan does work. I really don't know about the other stuff. But maybe this will help. During the summer I put the gas from the can that they sell at the stores and it would cool and there was no smell but after a week or two it would not cool as much and it was starting to smell. The less it would cool the more it would smell. Hope this helps.

Last edited by cysidoro; 03-08-04 at 06:04 PM.

Sponsored Links
Visiting Guest

03-07-04, 11:29 PM   #2  
mike from nj
start taking things apart until you find the dead critter or the nest or both.

basics: do the heater hoses get hot, does one a/c line get cold/the other warm, does the compressor even turn on?

does the fan work?

is it more of a mildew smell, like a stinky window mounted a/c unit, or a fridge that hasn't been used in a few months with the door closed(that will make your eyes tear)

let us know

Search this Thread