Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

New Tires and Guam

Visiting Guest

03-07-04, 11:58 PM   #1  
helper94
New Tires and Guam

Hello,

I own a 99 Infiniti I30 Limited (not a Touring) and have about 70K, and am looking to replace the Eagle GA tires that were OEM. I'm moving to Guam in August (from SAn Diego) and taking the car with me. I drive conservatively, rarely going above 70-75mph, brake/accelerate gradually, and most people say I drive pretty slow. Guam apparently has roads that are made out of processed coral, and they get very slick with the rains there. Of course, Guam has the constant heat and humidity of a tropical island.

I've been looking at the Michelin Hydroedge, Michelin Harmony, and both seem to get good reviews. I was wondering if the temperature rating of the tires was important in making my determination, as well as other factors that I may not be aware.

Thank you,

Sponsored Links

03-08-04, 12:37 AM   #2  
Michelin makes a good tire...so I think you can't go wrong there.

As far as the temp ratings your at a catch 22. Rain tires compound tends to be a tad softer which will wear faster in warmer climates. But wet traction is important due to the type of roads your going to drive on.

Replacing a set of tires is worth the safety they will provide

Search this Thread