72 mustang


Old 03-09-04, 04:07 AM
sdsdogg2's Avatar
Thread Starter
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 47
72 mustang

I have a 72 mustang convertable. I am looking for a grill and all I seem to find are 73 mach 1 grills. Does anyone know if this will work? They look different in size and shape. It seems that 71 and 72 are identical body styles. I am also looking for other body panels and dont know what will work
Sponsored Links
Old 03-09-04, 04:54 AM
the_tow_guy's Avatar
Group Moderator
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: SW Fla USA
Posts: 11,564
Stop by one of your local auto recyclers; they'll have books that will have a lot of that information.
Old 03-09-04, 05:36 AM
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 1,531
Do a search for "Mustang Parts" the correct grills are available.

I Think you have a PM
Old 03-09-04, 07:57 PM
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Cape Cod
Posts: 4,320
Jeez I had a '73 and when the grill got crunched I put on a used '72
I though all '71-'73's were, although styled differently (base, mach, boss, etc.),ultimately interchangable
Check out mustangmonthly.com
You might find info and sources there
mustangsunlimited.com is a great source for parts/panels
Old 03-09-04, 08:26 PM
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a
check out www.stangnet.com to find some .my looks like my future brother in law goes there to look for parts for my sisters 66 stang.
Old 03-10-04, 01:40 PM
sdsdogg2's Avatar
Thread Starter
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 47
Thank you for all the help guys

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Display Modes