Wanted: R-12 Freon

Old 03-10-04, 02:50 PM
Dan Meyer
Visiting Guest
Wanted: R-12 Freon

I am certified and wanting to purchase R-12 freon.
e-mail me : [email protected]

Sponsored Links
Old 03-10-04, 03:03 PM
Is the supply finally drying up?Have you called the local auto parts suppliers?Is it legal to sell you r-12 without being a licensed distributor.Last time I bought it I had to sign a registration type form that gets turned in.I don't know if it's for the floor tax or not.Btw Dan nice to see you stopped by again.

Old 03-10-04, 04:14 PM
From what i understand, a freon handling cetificate is not enough to buy R12. In my state and i suspect others, you have to produce a DER certificate (Department of Enviornmental Regulation) that is issued to shops after proving they own recovery equipment. There's still plenty left here for the right people.

Old 03-10-04, 05:48 PM
r12

Buying here isn't a problem as long as you can come up with the $600-900 clams for a 30# cylinder. OUCH!

Matt

Old 03-11-04, 03:20 PM
Dan Meyer
Visiting Guest
Davo, thanks for welcoming me back. I know it's been a long time but I have been busy. but I do look in from time to time to see if anyone needs help on oil.

Now, as far as R-12 freon, I do have the 609 certificate and have read all the laws. It is legal for me to buy it. Further, ANYONE can sell it - no license is needed. But I do know wisconsin may have further requirements.

I have checked local auto supply places and none carry it in my area. I do know there is an annual tax that needs to be paid on inventory over a certain amount. Perhaps, Davo, what you signed is just proof that the store had sold some inventory.

I'm still looking for some. I have two cars that use it

Old 03-11-04, 04:36 PM
How much do you want?I'll try to help you connect,best I can do.30 LBS tanks are readily available.I'll check on the little ones tomorrow.Last ones I saw were only 10 ounces each.

Old 03-12-04, 08:03 AM
Dan Meyer
Visiting Guest
Davo
Thanks for your help. I prefer to have the 12 oz. cans.
Someone was telling me they run between $6 to $8. Plus shipping.
I have tried local parts stores around here (Michigan) but can't find any. They told me that generally what is available is individuals who have bought it years ago for their own cars and now don't need it because they have newer cars that use R-134a.

Old 03-12-04, 02:35 PM
Originally posted by Dan Meyer
Someone was telling me they run between $6 to $8. Plus shipping.
I'd ask that someone to come up with it for that price. You'll be lucky to find any for under $20 a can. That's the going rate to a shop around here right now and they won't sell it directly to techs, only to the shop.