universal clinks


Old 03-14-04, 09:35 AM
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a
universal clinks

im getting a clinking in my drive shaft universals and wondering if i could change em or do i need to get em pressed in. what does this run as far as cost? thanks its a 87 ford e150 van
Sponsored Links
Old 03-14-04, 09:50 AM
mike from nj
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a
it depends if you've ever done u-joints before. if you know what to do, i replace them with a vice, a big socket and a little socket. i've even seen people use nothing but a hammer before. if you bring your driveshaft to a shop, i'm sure they wouldn't charge more than 1 hour of labor to press them in and out....provided you let them buy the parts.

also provided it's actually the u-joints making the noise.

if you do take out the driveshaft, put the e-brake on fully and block the tires front and rear.....'park' will not keep the car still anymore!

let us know
Old 03-14-04, 10:00 AM
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 1,531
The "real" parts store we deal with will change "U" Joints for $10 each. Well worth it if you never changed them before.
Old 03-16-04, 06:46 PM
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a

sounds good toyotaman. im on the island...wheres the store lol

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Display Modes