92 grand caravan

Old 03-14-04, 11:18 AM
tcarson
Visiting Guest
92 grand caravan

How hard is it to change the master cylinder yourself?

How would you go about doing it?

Thanks kindly

Sponsored Links
Old 03-14-04, 12:16 PM
I changed mine on my 93 Caravan. Just get a rebuilt one and "bench bleed" it per the instructions. Remove the old one (two bolts on firewall or booster, brake line fittings), install the new one and bleed the system starting from the wheel furthest away from the master cylinder.

Usually, the rebuilt MC has detailed instructions for changing, or you can find them on line. Check xxxxxxxxx.com for good prices and links to instructions.

Hope this helps,

Tony,sorry ads for sites are prohibited,Davo. You may pm someone if you feel the need to give that info.

Last edited by davo; 03-14-04 at 01:11 PM.
Old 03-14-04, 01:03 PM
Originally posted by aja8888
Just get a rebuilt one and "bench bleed" it per the instructions. Remove the old one (two bolts on firewall or booster, brake line fittings), install the new one and bleed the system starting from the wheel furthest away from the master cylinder.
You might want to spring for a couple extra bucks and get the new one instead of the reman. Depending who rebuilt it, the failure rate is pretty high. If you bench bleed it correctly and then bleed it at the lines after installing it, you likely won't even have to bleed at the wheels at all. Make sure you don't get any brake fluid on the paint. It makes good paint remover.

Old 03-14-04, 02:39 PM
Unhappy Woops!

Sorry about the XXXXXXX.com stuff. I just read the sticky. It won't happen again.

Tony