Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

door repair?

Visiting Guest

03-15-04, 08:40 AM   #1  
speedotoy
door repair?

Just wondering if anyone out there would know where I can get a diagram of the internal workings of a 99' silverado door. thanks for any help.

Sponsored Links

VA

03-15-04, 10:16 AM   #2  
your local library...

...may have a service manual...altho most service info now comes in electronic form. most of that stuiff is line art anyway and only somewhat helpful.

if you tell us what's wrong or why you want to get inside the door, we may be able to help you with descriptions and pointers

Visiting Guest

03-15-04, 12:06 PM   #3  
speedotoy
re. door problem

I was turning the key and heard a loud pop, and now the door will not lock. passenger door is fine but I want to fix the driver door if possible by myself. I figured if I could see the internal workings before I pull the door apart I will have a better idea of what went wrong?

CANADA

03-15-04, 07:21 PM   #4  
Yes, My Tempo had the same problem and it was the little plastic part that raps around the lock cylinder and connects to the latch control rod. This plastic part is probably broken and is not expensive($5)Go to the parts deptmt of your dealership and ask for a replacement.

03-15-04, 08:22 PM   #5  
door lock

......... and they may even give you a screen printout from the computer showing all the parts if you ask them nicely!

This isn't a hard fix other than having to remove the door panel and get your hands into small places.

Matt

Search this Thread