Need help with Volvo 240 Brakes Rotor

Old 03-15-04, 02:20 PM
Need help with Volvo 240 Brakes Rotor

I have a 1986 Volvo 240 and I am trying to replace the passenger rear Rotor. I was able to remove the Caliper and replaced the brake pad. However, I couldn't remove the disk because I can't disengage the parking brake shoe that situated right behind the disk. There is a little hole on the disk itself that I tried to stick a screw driver in and try to disengage the parking brake, but it doesn't work. There must be a easy solution to this problem because I can pull the disk out about 2 inches and the spring from the parking brake pulled it back. Any suggestion to resolve this problem is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
Manny

Sponsored Links
Old 03-15-04, 04:36 PM
I've never had a problem getting one off before. If your pulling the shoes off with the rotor, it will just bind more. If at all possible, rotate the rotor as it comes off. That releases the shoes. Make sure the adjustment in the cable is backed off and the cable isn't sticking.

Old 03-15-04, 05:23 PM
Thanks, I'll try it and let you know how it goes.

Manny

Old 03-29-04, 12:54 PM
Smile

The rotor came off very easily once I turn it. Finally, all 4 rotors and brakes are replaced. Thanks for your help Desi.