Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

90 olds minivan

Visiting Guest

03-16-04, 07:26 AM   #1  
lee0323
90 olds minivan

i have a 90 olds minivan and it is missing. i replaced the plugs,wires,dis cap,rotor and it is still missing. i was wondering if it could be the cat covter. that is the only thing i can think of.i don't want to take it to the shop and find out it is somthing i could of fixed myself please help or tell me what i can check.

Sponsored Links

03-16-04, 12:57 PM   #2  
my take is its a..........

vaccum leak somewhere. Maybe the intake manifold has a bad gasket or you have vacumm hose that fell off or has rotted. A miss to me means bad plug or lean mixture. How did the plugs look that you changed? If some were extra light color, that could be a lean mixture caused by tooooo much air!

03-16-04, 02:52 PM   #3  
Most of the one's I've had acting like that had dirty fuel injectors. GM V6's are notorious for that and there are numerous TSB's on the subject. Get a profession pressure cleaning. It surely won't hurt and likely will fix the problem. Don't bother adding anything to the tank, that's not strong enough.

Search this Thread