Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

01 Jeep Gr Cherokee seat warmer

Visiting Guest

03-18-04, 07:32 AM   #1  
mwiegand98
01 Jeep Gr Cherokee seat warmer

The driver's side seat warmer in my 01 Jeep Gr Chkee is not working. This happened one other time while under warranty and was repaired by the dealer at no cost. After going out of warranty the seat warmer was used a few times and then quit working again. The passenger side seat warmer works fine. Is this something I could repair myself by replacing a fuse? If it has to go to the dealer for a repair will they do the work at no cost to me since this is a repair they already worked on?

Sponsored Links

VA

03-18-04, 11:44 AM   #2  
this needs to be diagnosed...

...if the fuse is blown, replacing it probably isn't the answer because something caused an overload in the circuit, blowing the fuse. as far as the dealer fixing it again after the warrenty period has expired...they have latitude to make good will adjustments and the like. the only way you'll know is to contact them and talk to them about the problem. if you aren't satisfied with their answer or offer, then call the customer assistance folks...the number is in your warrenty booklet and/or owners manual. you'll have to talk to the dealer first tho and try to work something out with them. it's going to depend on your vehicles repair history...if they are having problems with lots of heated seats, how long it's been since it was repaired initially and what that repair actually was. mike in nj may be able to offer you more insight as he's the daimler chrysler expert here...but basically that's how the process works for repairs after the warrenty has expired

Visiting Guest

03-18-04, 11:52 PM   #3  
mike from nj
exactly what he said.

i haven't seen many problems, and i also haven't seen many jeeps, so if there was a problem, i might not know about it. there is one bulletin, but it mostly deals with information on how to diagnose it (ohm readings and repair procedures)

i'll be honest, it's usually the good customer's who get the 'good will' repairs, and i'm sure it's like this everywhere. it never hurts to contact a 1-800# though.

let us know if you want to tackle this yourself.

Search this Thread