Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

90 grand caravan master cylinder

Visiting Guest

03-18-04, 07:44 AM   #1  
Gnger Drass
90 grand caravan master cylinder

how hard it it to replace a master cylinder on a 90 dodge grand caravan?

Sponsored Links
Visiting Guest

03-18-04, 11:39 PM   #2  
mike from nj
two bolts and two lines, the hard part is bleeding the system.

if you know exactly how to do it, you can bleed everything right at the master, but if you follow the book and do it correctly, i'll bet you break the bleeder screws off the rear wheel cylinders. (rust locks them on)

you might be replacing more than the master on this one

MO

04-01-04, 03:45 PM   #3  
Replaced one on my '90 Grand Voyager (evil twin of Caravan) not long ago. Yep, two bolts and two lines and you're done. The bleeder screws ARE kind of a booger, but I used a six-point socket to loosen them, then a wrench to bleed with, and no problem. Just a note - when I bled mine, 1 wheel at a time, the pedal didn't start getting any firmer until all four wheels were bled completely. I won't say I don't have other brake system issues that may have caused this, but it does brake fine after just replacing the master cylinder and bleeding. Hope this helps - good luck and keep us posted. - Chris

04-02-04, 03:44 PM   #4  
What Mike said--- If you bench bleed the master cylinder and are careful with removal and installation you can get away without bleeding at the wheels.

Search this Thread