Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

1996 Mazda Mx6 A/c Problem

Visiting Guest

03-23-04, 02:32 PM   #1  
MIKESR
1996 Mazda Mx6 A/c Problem

i HAVE A 1996 MAZDA MX6 AND THE A/C COMES ON FOR A FEW SECONDS AND THEN THE LIGHT GOES OFF. JUST NEED A CHARGE? MIKESR.

Sponsored Links

03-23-04, 02:39 PM   #2  
No such thing as "just needs a charge". It's not supposed to leak out in the first place. A leak can be a major repair. I'm not sure what you mean by "the light goes off". What exactly is happening with the system. Is it getting cold, is the compressor frozen, are there any noises?

Visiting Guest

03-25-04, 06:05 AM   #3  
MIKESR
Originally posted by Desi501
No such thing as "just needs a charge". It's not supposed to leak out in the first place. A leak can be a major repair. I'm not sure what you mean by "the light goes off". What exactly is happening with the system. Is it getting cold, is the compressor frozen, are there any noises?
Hi, I don't have the history on the car as my grandson just boyght it. To answer your reply: The car is at normal operating temperature, the rpm is stable, I press the a/c button on the dash, the indicator light comes on (green), the a/c comes on for a few seconds, no noises noted, the indicator light goes off and the compressor kicks out. Thanks, MIKESR.

03-25-04, 03:33 PM   #4  
I believe that system uses a module with an RPM sensor on the compressor. Most of the time it means the clutch is slipping and the compressor is bad.

Visiting Guest

03-27-04, 12:56 PM   #5  
MIKESR
Thanks so much, MIKESR

Search this Thread