Ford bronco Plow

Old 03-24-04, 03:53 PM
SteelPanther
Visiting Guest
Ford bronco Plow

1994 bronco Eddie Bauer 302 Auto w/OD 4x4

Just a simple question here I was just wondering why you cannot install a snow plow on the 94-95 Broncos? It just says in the manual *DO NOT INSTALL A SNOW PLOW ON THSI VEHICLE* Just curious as to why that is? Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Old 03-24-04, 05:02 PM
Does it have an air bag?

Old 03-24-04, 05:51 PM
It will probably fall on it's nose when the plow is lifted....

Old 03-24-04, 08:08 PM
SteelPanther
Visiting Guest
Yeah it does have SRS for the drivers side. Never thought about that very good point. If the airbag was disabled would there be any other complications with mounting a plow on a Bronco other than it tippin onto its nose?

I had noticed also that no one makes a plow in the way of Western/Meyers or Boss for the 94-95 Bronco so i figured it had to be something pretty severe.

Old 03-24-04, 11:51 PM
I don't see why you would have a problem mounting it.

I have heard of people disconnecting the SRS system to install a plow, although I don't agree with it.

As far a "tipping" they make fiberglass blades, they use air bags to compensate for the added weight.

Old 03-25-04, 01:10 AM
SteelPanther
Visiting Guest
I dont understad why it would say that either. We had planned on using a lightweight blade the see thru kind poly something or other.

I wouldnt agree with disabling the SRS either but this is meant to be a purely at home plow truck not going to see any highway use any further. So hopefully I wont need the airbag at the low plowing speeds unless trees start jumpin out Cant afford gas to hit the highway with it either at these current prices lol

Just made me really curious that it stated that in the manual so pointedly.

Old 03-25-04, 08:18 AM
SteelPanther
Visiting Guest
I contacted a local Ford dealer today as to some more insight into the problem and they told me that the reason the manual says no plow is because of the frame simply isnt made to accomodate a plow. I asked if the SRS was a concern and they had noted that if you stuck to the plow manufacturers guidelines of 10mph max speed that the SRS wouldnt be a concern at such a low speed. In result they said they have seen plows mounted to a 1994 Bronco, and sucessfully, the manufacturer just doesnt recommend it. Just thought Id update the info.