'01 Ford Expedition

Old 03-25-04, 09:45 AM
wheeln69
Visiting Guest
'01 Ford Expedition

This truck has four wheel disc anti-lock brakes. I've never replaced brakes on anti-lock before. Anything I need to do differently than conventional disc brakes?

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Old 03-25-04, 03:28 PM
Not really. You shouldn't be opening the fluid system for anything. Just be carefull not to damage the speed sensor on the inside of the rotor.

Old 03-25-04, 06:28 PM
There are two thing to look out for.

1. The piston may not go straight in like the fronts but turn and push in at the same time.

2. If you take off the rotors you may have a hard time doing so because of the e-brake shoes wore a lip on the inside. To take them off back off the adjuster and have your BFH ready.

Old 03-27-04, 04:41 PM
You'd better have that big hammer for the front rotors too- if they've never been off the vehicle i've seen them have to be heated up with a torch and hammered off into pieces because of being seized onto the hub(if you've done these before you know what i'm talking about!!).

Old 03-27-04, 04:50 PM
We don't see much of that down here in sunny South Florida. a little weasel pi$$ (WD40) usually does the job.

Old 03-27-04, 05:05 PM
Desi- Here in Ole Kentucky(winter road salt!!) we had Ford tell us to use a jaw type puller and they should come right off(so the engineers thought!!).So what happens ,the disc portion comes off the hud portion(now the rotors in two pieces-disc in the floor and hub still on the truck )out comes the torch and big hammer!!!.

Old 03-27-04, 06:28 PM
Yes, I very familiar with the "fits all fire wrench".