'92 Park Avenue

Old 03-29-04, 08:06 PM
mountainboy
Visiting Guest
'92 Park Avenue

Ok, I have a 1992 Buick Park Avenue that has an intermittent starting problem. When I insert the key in the ignition it won't turn over. It doesn't even make a clicking noise. The "Security" light does not flash though, and most of the time if I wait a few minutes it will start again. The other night however I waited for 45 minutes and it still wouldn't turn over. It seems to be affected by the weather, when it is really cold out, it doesn't act up as much. The warmer it gets the more it gives me trouble. And it is even worse when it is wet out. As far as I know the battery is ok, even though it is getting a little old. I also tried tapping on te starter and it didn't help. I also tried moving the tilt steering wheel up and down to see if that would help, thinking that it would get the wires in the theft deterrent system to activate. But it doesn't seem to make a difference. I'm getting really frustrated by it.

PS: The car haas a 3.8L engine. And I haven't done anything to try to fix it yet.

Old 03-30-04, 03:47 AM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
You may have the beginnings of a starter problem but I would remove the battery cables and clean them just for insurance.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: