Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Dodge Caravan's body not draining?

Visiting Guest

03-30-04, 11:32 AM   #1  
jandrewnels
Dodge Caravan's body not draining?

I have a '97 Dodge Grand Caravan. When making turns, I hear water sloshing around somewhere. The sound seems to be coming from somewhere forward, perhaps between the passenger and engine compartments. Are there drains for the body that can get plugged up?

Thanks,

JA

Sponsored Links

03-30-04, 02:16 PM   #2  
Check the drain for the evaporator case under the hood it may be plugged.

Visiting Guest

03-31-04, 12:34 AM   #3  
mike from nj
yes, the evaporator drain can be clogged, but much more common is the two cowl drains under the hood.

the cowl is the large black plastic part with the wiper assembly parts in it. directly on the bottom of that, at each end is a large 1 inch diameter hose that can be full of leaves. simply pull it down and see if any water comes out. you can remove the cowl cover and blow the leaves out if you want or need to.

then there is one harder to find drain. look on the firewall, in the belt area, it is a small diameter (like 1/4") that is stuck into a grommet and sticks out about 1 foot. pull this out and poke inside there with a coathanger, you might find some good compost.

if i could post pictures here easily, i would.

ask if you don't exactly understand.

Visiting Guest

03-31-04, 08:48 AM   #4  
jandrewnels
Thanks, Mike. Cowl drains were the problem! (Just like cleaning out gutters and down spouts on the house.)

JA

Search this Thread