2001 Honda Civic Sun Roof

Old 04-02-04, 08:03 AM
Harold Williams
Visiting Guest

My Sun roof has suddenly started leaking. I've been told it could be the drain being stopped up. Have no idea where the drain line could be. Any answers:rolleyes:
Harold

Sponsored Links
Old 04-02-04, 03:29 PM
There should be a drain from all 4 corners. You can probably see the rear ones on each side of the car behind the liner in the trunk. The rear drain hoses plug into a rubber connector that goes through the inner fender panel and dumps the water on the ground.

The front ones drain somewhere behind the front wheels. Try taking the splash guards off and look behind them. If that does not work take the fender liner loose and look behind it.

We had a water leak in my son's 93 Prelude and all it was is the drain hose had come out of the rubber connector and was dumping the water in the trunk. It was a simple fix for what I was afraid might be a hard to find leak.

You can always open the sunroof and pour some water at each corner and see where it comes out. (hopefully not all of them are plugged)

Hope this helps and good luck!

Old 04-02-04, 08:14 PM
Harold Williams
Visiting Guest

Thanks for your help. Will check it out in the morning.
HW

Old 04-03-04, 03:50 AM
Open the roof and pour water from a bottle in each corner, being careful to keep it in the outer channel. Do that and look for the water to drain out the bottom towards the back of the front fenders and the rear quarters. If one dosen't drain you found your problem.

Sometime you will find pine needles, small acorns etc blocking the drain holes in the sunroof outer channel. If you find the offender and it's opening is clear try a flexible wire (old speedo cable) and snake it out. DON'T use air to blow it out.

Old 04-03-04, 02:57 PM
Harold Williams
Visiting Guest

Toyotaman and others..........
All the drain lines were open, but the right rear allowed water to leak into the car just above the inside upper rear panel. Guess I'd better take it to someone who knows what they are doing.
Thanks for all the assistance.
Harold

Old 04-03-04, 03:00 PM
That usually means the drain is clogged or the tube is pinched. Check in the trunk for the tube.