Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Rough Running Engine

Visiting Guest

04-03-04, 10:15 AM   #1  
jfr1210
Rough Running Engine

I have a 1988 Chevy Cavilier that is running very rough. I can not say when the fuel filter was changed, spark plugs changed or a tune up done on the vehicle. any help would be appreciated.

Sponsored Links

04-03-04, 10:46 AM   #2  
If you don't know when it was done now is the time to do it.Replace the spark plug wires,spark plugs,fuel filter,pcv valve and check or replace the air filter.Then see if it still runs rough,is the service engine/check engine light on?You may also need a coil or module but the maintenance needs to be out of the way first.Please include engine size in future postings.

Visiting Guest

04-03-04, 01:42 PM   #3  
jfr1210
engine running rough

Thanks Davo,

I had told my brother-in-law to put in Marvel's Mystery oil and heat into the fuel to remove any possible water that ay be in the line. I got to the car and it was running fine. It is a 2.2 liter 4 cylinder with aa carb. I checked all the fluids, listened to the block, and checked the radiator. Everything seems to be working properly now. I was going off second-hand info on the question. I would really like to thank you for your response and the help. When I have another problem, I'll be more informed on my questions, the engine size, and any other info I can think of to help. Thanks again.

Frank Roberson

Search this Thread