97 Ford Expedition

Old 04-05-04, 04:39 PM
97 Ford Expedition

What is the problem when I turn the key off after driving my Expedition and the running board lights stay on, the dome lights stay on and the vehicle acts like the door is open as it keeps making the dinging sound. I have to take the keys out to stop the dinging but the lights I mentioned above stay on yet. The battery saver will turn off the lights after about a half hour. It doesn't do this all the time and seems to run in streaks. What is the matter?

Sponsored Links
Old 04-05-04, 05:12 PM
It may have an open door switch somewhere. The reason it goes off in half an hour is probably the protection feature that prevents killing the battery. It shuts down any lights left on after a certain period of time. Most new vehicles have that now. You may have to get a schematic and start testing some switches. It could be a bad module also.

Old 04-06-04, 04:11 AM
Thanks
Where do I get a drawing of a schematic and where would I find the location of the module?

Old 04-06-04, 04:17 AM
You'll have to purchase either a service manual or a single car subscription to Alldata.

Old 04-06-04, 05:49 AM
I would spray the door latch mechanism with WD-40 real well. Those door switches stick often. Open the door and drown the mechanism with the WD-40, open and close the door and spray again.

Do all the doors even if you find the problem one.

Search this Thread