93 Plymouth Transmission

Old 04-08-04, 07:13 AM
braves4106
Visiting Guest
93 Plymouth Transmission

I have a 93 Plymouth Acclaim. When I drive 30-40 mph I feel the car jerking and it feels like I am in low 2. When you get on the highway when you are getting to 65-70mph, it feels like it drops to low 2. There is enough transmission fluid. Any suggestions?

Sponsored Links
Old 04-08-04, 10:37 AM
i believe...

...that a roadtest by a competent technician is in order here. your description is ok...but it sometimes is difficult to distinguish between a trans problem and an engine performance problem. i'd have to drive it to see if it "feels like" the same thing to me. i'd love to give you something more to go on...have you tried shifting it manually? that may help you to be able to feel it better...if you shift it manually into second and keep it there but still feel the problem, i think it's more likely an engine performance problem. in any event...i still think a pro opinion is warrented here

Old 04-09-04, 07:41 AM
Sounds like the computer has put it in limp-mode. Does it change gears at all?

Old 04-10-04, 08:30 AM
mike from nj
Visiting Guest
it could be any of those things, or it could be none.

it all depends on the number of cylinders, the size of the engine, and the number of forward gears you have.
(you could either have the all hydraulic 3 speed, or the all electronic 4 speed)

the diagnosis is completely different between the 2.

let us know
(and either way, there's not much you can do by yourself except learn from here how it works and be somewhat educated on what to expect )