Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

power gone instantly

Visiting Guest

04-08-04, 09:53 PM   #1  
RyJ
power gone instantly

1991 grand marguis. 85,000 miles. Started it up this morning to check a new key I had made. Worked fine, turned the car off. About an hour later, tried to start the car again and it clicked a little bit. Turned the key back and tried again and all the lights in the car (dome, radio, everything) went out. Got back to the car about 14 hrs later and opened the door and all the lights came on as normal. When i turned the key to try it, same thing happened. Some clicking and then everything went out again.

I hit the electrical lock and I could hear a rapid clicking from the top left of the dash, right by the drivers door.

Anybody? Thanks.

Sponsored Links

04-09-04, 02:49 AM   #2  
Hi Welcome to the Forums,

Sounds lke a classic case of dirty battery terminals. Remove the negative terminal first and install it last when you remove them to clean.

Visiting Guest

04-09-04, 08:41 AM   #3  
RyJ
tried and worked

I cleaned the terminals off with baking soda and water. The cables weren't very tight either. Cleaned them just to be on the safe side, tightened them up and it popped right off.

Thanks for help.

Search this Thread