Replacement Spoiler Light

Old 04-15-04, 09:33 AM
conscience4u2
Visiting Guest
Question Replacement Spoiler Light

Hello again to everyone.
Anyone have an idea of where I can buy a replacement light for my daughter's rear spoiler ? Her car is a 1991 Honda Accord, 2 door. I've checked the junk yards around here and they either don't have a spoiler like hers, don't have a replacement light that will fit hers, or they won't sell the light without the spoiler too. BTW they want way too much for the spoiler AND the light, usually around $100.00. Thanks guys, I appreciate the help as always ! 4u2

Sponsored Links
Old 04-15-04, 09:54 AM
Most likely an aftermarket spoiler. You need to identify who manufactured the spoiler and contact them for a replacement.

Maybe look under for a name or some type of markings?

Old 04-15-04, 10:58 AM
conscience4u2
Visiting Guest
Hey toyotaman,
I hope this helps. I believe it's supposed to be an OEM Spoiler, came off another Honda Accord. I took the light out of the spoiler, has 2 screws that hold it in there, and read what was on the light part. This is what it says exactly, "Stanley- 050-3208".
Measured the light while I had it out, just in case I needed the info, and the light is 16 3/4" long, 1 1/8" tall, and 2 5/8" wide.
Searched online and asked at the junkyards asking about replacement "stanley lights", can't find any or same info as in my first post. Thanks for the help ! 4u2

Old 04-15-04, 01:20 PM
If it's OEM you should be able to get it at Honda.

Old 04-15-04, 02:10 PM
Before you buy a light have you checked for power and ground at the light with the brake pedal depressed?The reason I ask is the wires flex every time the trunk is opened or closed and may be broken.I also think your light is a LED module from the description you gave.So it will not likely be cheap.

Old 04-15-04, 03:07 PM
conscience4u2
Visiting Guest
davo,
"Before you buy a light have you checked for power and ground at the light with the brake pedal depressed?The reason I ask is the wires flex every time the trunk is opened or closed and may be broken."
*Yes, checked and got power coming to it. *

*Also, while I'm thinking about it. I brought the car with me to the Honda place close to where I live and asked them what they thought the problem might be, the tech that I talked to said the spoiler light HAD to be wired up to the third brake light ( in the back window) and wired up no other way, for it to work. Since he also told me that he had been there for over 13 years I figured he must know what he was talking about. So I wired the spoiler light straight up to the third brake light, and it still didn't work. *

"I also think your light is a LED module from the description you gave.So it will not likely be cheap."
*From what little I can find out, you're right, it is a LED module, but I still can't seem to find one. * Figures, doesn't it ?

toyotaman,
"If it's OEM you should be able to get it at Honda. "
*While I was at the Honda place, I asked them if I could get a replacement from them. They told me their books didn't go back to a 1991 anymore, so they couldn't order one.
Thanks again guys. 4u2

Old 04-15-04, 04:31 PM
If it has a high mount stop lamp in the rear window I would be losing the spoiler and sealing the holes in the trunk.Do you need this for a state inspection or a safety concern for your daughter?

Old 04-15-04, 04:43 PM
Find a Honda Dealer who wants to bothered to help you or still has the books to look it up. Sometimes they can call their rep to inquire about a part they no longer have info about.

Old 04-15-04, 09:27 PM
conscience4u2
Visiting Guest
toyotaman,
Will do, thanks for letting me know that they still could find info on the parts if they really wanted to.

davo,
"If it has a high mount stop lamp in the rear window I would be losing the spoiler and sealing the holes in the trunk. "
Yes it does.
"Do you need this for a state inspection or a safety concern for your daughter? "
Want the light in the spoiler to work more for safety than anything else. She asked for a spoiler for her car as a graduation present. She wanted to help the car look a little more "sporty", I guess.
Thanks again everyone. 4u2