daytime running headlights

Old 06-05-00, 09:33 PM
Visiting Guest
Question

I have a 91 Jeep Cherokee and the daytime running lights do not work anymore. Can anyone help me out as to what may be the problem and how to fix it? The owners manual mentions something of a motion sensor.

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Old 06-06-00, 08:12 AM
Visiting Guest
Thumbs up

The daytime running lights are a modular entity usually and fairly maintenance free. The problem is that some of them blow fuses when you jump start the vehicle. So, the first place to check is the fuse block for a blown fuse. You will need an ohmmeter (continuity tester) to check these fuses because they don't give you an indication when they are bad.

Smokey

Old 06-07-00, 05:34 AM
Visiting Guest
Thumbs up

I researched the Internet and found a site that has the system layout and diagrams for the Daytime Running Lights. Perhaps this will give you a little insight to the troubleshooting of the problem. Check http://pacificinsight.com/technical/techncl.htm

Smokey

Old 04-11-04, 05:56 AM
Daytime Running Lights

Hi - I checked out the link you provided and it didn't work - so I just went to the pacificinsight.com site and there was no technical page there that I could find.

I need to install daytime running lights because I moved to Canada and I was told it was easy and bought a module which was not expensive at all - but I have no clue how to do it.

If you have any other tips or sites that could help, please let me know!!

Thanks.

Suessy