97 dodge stratus

Old 04-17-04, 07:15 AM
moondoggy
Visiting Guest
97 dodge stratus

I have a 97 dodge stratus sometimes when i get in the car close the door and the interior lights stay on and a warning bell keeps ringing and the power door lock button on the drivers door does not work. Can some one give me an idea of what the problem may be? Thank You

Sponsored Links
Old 04-17-04, 09:52 AM
You really need a wiring diagram to properly figure this one out, but it sounds like you've got a timer module problem of some sort.

Matt

Old 04-18-04, 12:03 AM
mike from nj
Visiting Guest
i've seen this before, it's an easy fix. one of your door switches is out of adjustment. the way you adjust it is to replace it.

cut a piece of cardboard 1inch by 1 inch. now open your driver's door and look where the switch hits the door (the clean dot). tape the cardboard right there with electrical tape. drive it for a few days and see if the problem is fixed. the driver's door is the most used, so the switch takes the most abuse. if the problem is still there, move your patch to a new door. (all i do is close all the doors and lock the car. i pull on door handles with enough force to move the door out 1/16 of an inch---not opening the door--- and watch for the dome light to come on, this is an even quicker test)

when the driver's door is open, and the key is in the ignition, the power lock function is disabled from locking the vehicle. this saves you from yourself (from locking the keys in the car). if you take the key out of the ignition(or fix the bad switch) the power locks will fix themselves.

Old 04-18-04, 08:58 AM
Great idea. If you don't mind, I'll stick that one in smogtek's bag o' tricks.