automotive repair


Old 04-18-04, 08:32 AM
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a
Question automotive repair

i have a 98 chevy malibu ls v6 3.1L. i wonder if there is another way to replace the fuel pump without taking the tank off.
Sponsored Links
Old 04-18-04, 08:42 AM
Desi501's Avatar
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Boynton Beach Florida
Posts: 2,207
Nope, sure isn't.
The access hole is on the top side of the tank along with all the hoses and wires.
Old 04-18-04, 08:44 AM
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: So Cal
Posts: 248
Replace the CAR? LOL!

Seriously though, unless GM had a change of heart (not likely) and put an access panel in the trunk or under the back seat like Honda, you're gonna have to drop the tank to do it. Sorry.


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Display Modes