ford 150

Old 04-19-04, 09:37 PM
rich123
Visiting Guest
ford 150

went out to go fishing today and i went to start up the old truck...it is a 92 with 90 k on it...it started up, but when i went to put on the gas it died out....turned key and same thing happened...i do smell gas so i belive it to be with carberation...i have changed the spark plugs about 15 thousand miles ago, so i belive the plugs are ok...anyway, before i go looking into this, i would like some ideas of what to look for...i do have fuel and i do have spark...

Sponsored Links
Old 04-20-04, 02:32 AM
It might help if we knew what it was you were driving.
Make, model, year, engine size, car or injected, problem and repair history etc

Old 04-20-04, 04:37 AM
rich123
Visiting Guest
ford 150

its a ford 150 fuel injected...vintage is 92 with 90 k on it...it will start, but will not stay going when gas is applied....so i guess the spark is there and the combustion is a problem....

Old 04-20-04, 07:22 AM
rich123
Visiting Guest
f150

went out this morning to my f150 ford truck...it is a straight inline 6 cyl. engine...has fuel injection...car started right up and idled, but as soon as you try to accelerate the motor bogs down and dies...will start right up...up until this happened, i had no prior warning so i believe it to be an electrical or mechanical problem...i don't know how that throttle body works, but its got to do with the carbaration...something is not doing its job....i think its electrical in the fact that the problem just happened and it was very decisive....it just don't work at all and i checked all the connections and the air filter is clean...i disconnected the filter and it works the same way...

Old 04-20-04, 02:55 PM
Well, it's time to stop guessing and check some things. Start with the fuel pressure. There is a fitting on the fuel rail to attach a fuel pressure gauge. You'll need to check the spec but I think that one might be around 35-38PSI but check to be sure. If you see a fuel pressure problem, try changing the filter before blaming the fuel pump.
Is the "check engine" light on? You may want to have it scanned for codes, just in case there are any in memory.

PS.....You need to use the reply button on one thread and not get 2 or 3 threads going on the same car and problem.