Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

98 volks cabrio timing belt replace

CAL

04-22-04, 01:34 PM   #1  
98 volks cabrio timing belt replace

I need to replace timing belt but do not know if this is possible by a diy'er. If so, is there a down loadable guide out there? Thanks

Sponsored Links

04-22-04, 03:37 PM   #2  
Try autozone.com they have timing belt installation information for some vehicles. Also libraries often subscribe to sites such as all data or mitchels on demand.

04-22-04, 04:37 PM   #3  
Matt,

If you can wait 'til tomorrow evening, I should be able to get it for you.

You can read the tech data and decide for yourself, but unless you feel pretty confident I'd let a professional do it.

Matt

CAL

04-23-04, 04:08 PM   #4  
Thanks for the advice. Matt, I feel pretty confident doing it myself I have changed one on a Dodge Colt a few years ago. I probably would be able to do it without any instructions but with a newer car I would like to read up on it first before I start wrenching. If you could send some info it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks again for the help.

04-23-04, 04:43 PM   #5  
Didn't get a chance to get near any tech data today.

If you've already done a belt before, you should be OK on this. Is it a single or dual overhead cam? If dual, you've got to be careful about keeping BOTH cam sprockets lined up correctly. Other than that, it's JUST a timing belt.

Matt

CAL

04-26-04, 09:21 AM   #6  
Thank for the help. If you do have a chance to get any tech illustrations on this project I would really appreciate it.

CAL

04-28-04, 01:26 PM   #8  
Thanks for all the help smogtek but I can not gain access to the info you sent. Any suggestions.

04-28-04, 05:55 PM   #9  
Matt,

I'm not sure why the links don't work for you. When I click on them, I go right to them.

If you PM me your address back channel, I'll mail you the hard copies.

Matt

CAL

04-30-04, 03:59 PM   #10  
Smogtek,

I want to thank you for all the help. I tried to access those pics you hooked me up with and it worked this time. Thanks again.

Search this Thread