Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

air conditioner problems

Visiting Guest

04-28-04, 09:43 AM   #1  
charlotteswebb
air conditioner problems

I have a 1995 5.0 mustang loaded and a convertible.Started it up and the air is now coming out of the defroster vents.Short on money, can I fix this myself? I am pretty handy if I may say so myself.But there is a limit.

Sponsored Links

TX

04-28-04, 12:43 PM   #2  
sounds like a vacume hose is off or broken. these guys are good, someone will give you the answer soon.

04-29-04, 02:37 PM   #3  
Kerry is on the right track. The switching doors are vacuum operated. When there is a lack of vacuum supply, the default position is defrost. There is a small black plastic hose coming through the firewall to a vacuum supply. Find it and follow it into the dash until you find the break in it. Another thing to check is that supply may branch off to a ball shaped vacuum resovoir that acts as a reserve. Check that the hose is still attached to that and the resevoir is not broken.

Visiting Guest

05-01-04, 09:23 AM   #4  
charlotteswebb
Ye Haw!!

Thanks so very much for the great info....we now have air...cause down here in Texas we gotta have this stuff. I'm sure this would have cost aleast $100.00 plus to take it in a get someone to look at it and fix.But thanks to your knowledge and instructions on where to look, I was able to fix it. So again THANKS A WHOLE BUNCH.

05-01-04, 01:40 PM   #5  
Success stories are alway great to hear.

Search this Thread