97 Dodge Intrepid halogen headlight

Old 04-29-04, 05:58 PM
97 Dodge Intrepid halogen headlight

The drivers side headlight halogen bulb has pretty much disinigrated. I see too many small plastic parts to pull too hard on this assembly to get it out far enough to remove the halogen holder and bulb. Is there a better way to get at this light bulb?

Sponsored Links
Old 04-30-04, 08:51 PM
mike from nj
Visiting Guest
your question is a little confusing, do you want to pull just the bulb out or the entire housing. they're equally as easy. the bulb unscrews from the back, it can be a little tight, but you can get your hands in there. if you want the entire housing out, there are 2 bolts on top that hold it in. i think they are 5/16" (8mm) the bolts are about 6 inches long and with them out, the whole headlamp lifts out.

post more if this doesn't help.

Old 05-01-04, 04:22 AM
Dodge Headlight

Mike, I cant get to the back of the light. There is a metal cover that protects the battery that goes straight down right next to the light bulb socket. My thought was to remove the two bolts you are talking about and I did. They are only about an inch long and something is retaining the assembly from below that I cant see from the top. Im going to jack up the car and see if the assembly can be released from below, or if the socket can be reached that way also.. You were my only reply and I need to get this done. Thanks very much!

Search this Thread