engine running problems

Old 04-30-04, 08:22 PM
Question engine running problems

[COLOR=Black] i have a 1996 kia sephia r/s a/t 1.8 motor.prob is it has rough idle when the motor gets warm.when motor is cold it idles fine.i can adjust up when motor is warm then when motor is cold it's too high again.know what this is? ?#2> i can smell gas fumes when motor is off but see no leak no-where.it has average now of 160 miles on a tank of gas.?#3 when idling or shower down on gas there is black smoke but car runs fine ,no hesitation,skipping.any ideas on what i can check or replace would be appreciated. thanks.

Sponsored Links
Old 05-01-04, 04:22 PM
You should take your car to the local Kia dealership and have them check it for recalls. There was a recall for the ORVR valve and also a evap line recall on those cars. I have done many of the ORVR valves and just last week did one of the evap line recalls. The rough idle and smoke needs to be addressed by someone who can actually see whats going on. If you want you can PM me with the vin number and I will be glad to check it out for you on Monday and PM you back to let you know what recalls apply.
Hope this is helful to ya,
Billy

Search this Thread