Toyota Camry has mild Vibration

Old 05-02-04, 07:26 PM
Day Nam
Visiting Guest
Toyota Camry has mild Vibration

I have a 1993 Toyota Camry (130,000 miles), 4 cylinder that seems to vibrate/shake mildly when speeding at or around 65 mph. At lower or higher speeds, the vibration is much less noticeable. The vibration appears to be more on the right side of the vehicle. Am I dealing with wheel balance problem??? I have not seen any major abnormal tire wear. If it is a wheel balance problem, should I do all 4 or only the right side wheels? Please advise.

Last edited by Day Nam; 05-02-04 at 07:40 PM.
Sponsored Links
Old 05-02-04, 09:20 PM
I would start by balancing and checking all four tires for being true.

Old 05-03-04, 08:07 AM
Just a thought, but couldn't it also be a control arm being loose. I had a Mitsu Galant (95) with a similar problem and the right control arm was busted and needed to be replaced. Only, I got the same vibration at all speeds. I'm pretty sure that's not your problem, but after a wheel balance, if all isn't well, it's another place to take a peek.

Old 05-09-04, 12:20 AM
poppalizerd
Visiting Guest
sounds to me like you have a broken band in tire
you can sometimes see it if you take tire off let air all the way out there be a bubble or ripple in tire i think larry has the same ideal you need new tires they can look good but be bad

Old 05-09-04, 06:34 AM
Group Moderator
Could be a bad CV also. Had that problem on my wife's '95 at about the same mileage. Was especially noticeable when accellerating hard. At 130k the cv's don't owe you anything. If they need replacing, do both sides and replace the axel assemblies.