Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

ac/delco

05-07-04, 06:32 PM   #1  
ac/delco

How long has it been so hard to get GM parts at an auto parts store. I've tried every store in my area. Autozone said they could order it but when they looked in their computer there part #s were no longer active and he said I would have to get from the dealer. Advance can't get them and I've also tried three different NAPA stores. I was just curious how long this has been going on. I mean if the dealer is the only place to get them thats fine , but I remember years ago every auto parts store sold genuine GM parts. At least they did in Chicago. Just a curiosity.

Sponsored Links

05-08-04, 02:37 AM   #2  
You don't say what it is your looking for but Delco never did sell EVERYTHING under the Delco name. They do still have a full line of Delco products available. The problem is the trend of discount auto parts stores that aren't interested in quality, just price. The "real" part houses still carry Delco but the AutoZones and Discount Auto's of the world would rather carry the junk made in China to be able to sell it cheaper that the REAL stores.

05-08-04, 04:49 PM   #3  
Thanks Desi

I was just looking for an O2 sensor like you suggested, and while I was at it I thought I might as well replace the wires with AC/Delco also. Both the O2 sensor and wires are currently Bosch.

05-08-04, 06:17 PM   #4  
Your doing the right thing by looking for Delco. The regular parts houses that cater to the repair shops will generally carry that stuff.

Search this Thread