Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

2001 sable/taurus trunk leak

CAL

05-13-04, 09:31 AM   #1  
2001 sable/taurus trunk leak

Hi - Anybody know of problems with the 2001 sable/taurus water leaks that fill up the trunk with water. I'm guessing that this is a common problem.

This car is like new and I don't see any broken seals or poorly fitting joints. During the rains though, the spare tire area in the trunk fills with water. I am contemplating getting in the trunk and having water splashed on it, but I'm not really looking forward to that!

Thanks

Sponsored Links

VA

05-13-04, 10:01 AM   #2  
that's...

...the quickest way. be sure to take a flashlight in with you and have someone you trust on the outside...*LOL*

05-13-04, 03:04 PM   #3  
Start low with the hose and slowly work your way up to the roof.Don't use a spray nozzle on the hose remove it and just trickle the water on.A nozzle can force a leak that doesn't really exist.If the water is dirty it's coming up from the road if clear it's from the rain hitting the car.

Visiting Guest

05-14-04, 03:24 PM   #4  
Bugalou
It could also come in because of a bad seal around the rear window..after a rain, see if its wet inside the car by the window sill..

Bug

Search this Thread