1990 Tracker -- Autozone can't check the check engine light

Old 05-14-04, 07:27 PM
1990 Tracker -- Autozone can't check the check engine light

I've gotta 1990 Geo Tracker 140K 5-sp 4wd. The check engine light is on. Is there a way I can check it myself? I've got the book, but it doesn't addess this. Any suggetions?

Thanks in Advance

Sponsored Links
Old 05-14-04, 07:53 PM
Bugalou
Visiting Guest
At what milege did this light come on, was it exactly at say 140,000 miles?....I don't know if that car has a self diagnostic system that you can read without a Tech 1 scanner...the dealer will probably have to do it..Maybe one of the experts in here : ) will jump in and add something..

Bug

Old 05-14-04, 09:00 PM
At what milege did this light come on, was it exactly at say 140,000 miles?
Good question. It happened somewhere at about 137,830 (as you see this has been on the back burner). I 've been through the routine 80k, 100k check engine light stuff. This is definitely something that needs to be repaired. Also tried to disconnect battery (even tried over night), it only stays off for about 3 seconds, then pops back on.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanx

Old 05-14-04, 09:14 PM
its possible it might be a maintence light if you remove the small plastic cover just below the steering colomn there is a switch that you can slide to the other direction to reset the maintence light, usually the switch is just to the left or just below the cover opening that you removed. if it still remains on it obviosly has a problem that will need codes read to determine what is causing the light to come on.

Search this Thread