Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

1988 Dodge Colt Rattle & Power Loss

Visiting Guest

05-17-04, 12:17 PM   #1  
Guitarman500
1988 Dodge Colt Rattle & Power Loss

Hi,

I have a 1988 Dodge Colt 1.4l 4 Cilinder

the engine has been running fine for about 5 months now since we took it to a friend who was vary knowledgable about Cars.

Here are two issues that I believe are seperate but have come up recently.

1. The Car seems slower after the timing and the idle was adjusted, what can I do to see what it could be thats slowing the car down.

2. When I have the car idle theres a quiet metal raddle noise...when I accelerate the noise becomes louder, I like to compare the sound to a very loud Coffee maker sound Hopefully you know what i mean by that. What could it be? I had a few people tell me its possibly something loose in the muffler? I dont know thats why im here =/

I cant afford to take it to a mechanic Since im using the money to buy a new car, im selling the dodge and I just was hoping you could help me fix the problems before i put it for sale.

Thanks!

Sponsored Links

05-17-04, 01:53 PM   #2  
The rattle is most likely a loose heat shield or converter rattling.The loss of power may be due to the fact that the timing was set improperly and was ok in the first place.

Search this Thread