Tires - Multiple Neubie Tire Questions

Old 05-19-04, 02:30 PM
C
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Question Tires - Multiple Neubie Tire Questions

Hello and glad to have found this great site at which I've already learned alot.

On Auto Tires:

1- Are tires safe if I store them in huge trash bags inside the house? I'd gotten an extra set of 4 with my used car purchase and just didn't have any place else to put them 'cept the back of my car or inside my apartment as I'd mentioned.

2- Just went through the weird experience of a semi deflated tire this afternoon. Somehow I don't think it's a flat. I purchased the gauge and barely got it inflated at a local/crappy Pepboys. 'Think I should get it checked out immediately? or wait until I notice it happen again?

3- Foot Pump for tires. They exist right? Good idea? I'd think it would be, but what do you folks think?

Old 05-19-04, 02:40 PM
M
my 2 cents

1:keeping tires in the house is good unless your wife sees them.Keep them out of the sun because they will dry rot.
2:buy a good guage not a cheap one.If your tire leaks inspect it for nails etc.Pour soapy water on it and look for bubbles.Check around were you put the air in lots of times the valve core will leak this can be replaced easy.also make sure you have good caps on it meteal are best with a o ring.
3;Foot pump OK but way too much work get a pump you can plug in to the lighter.

Old 05-19-04, 02:55 PM
C
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by michael van
1:keeping tires in the house is good unless your wife sees them.Keep them out of the sun because they will dry rot.
2:buy a good guage not a cheap one.If your tire leaks inspect it for nails etc.Pour soapy water on it and look for bubbles.Check around were you put the air in lots of times the valve core will leak this can be replaced easy.also make sure you have good caps on it meteal are best with a o ring.
3;Foot pump OK but way too much work get a pump you can plug in to the lighter.
Thanks a bunch pal.

'and yah, I did get a cheap gauge.

Just finished reading on this site how to replace the tire valve core. Too cool how much you can do yourself!

Again thanks!

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: