filter (Fuel Filter Removal)

Old 05-21-04, 05:16 PM
bowlingpro250
Visiting Guest
Question filter (Fuel Filter Removal)

First off regarding my last post. I somehow got it runing great... dont ask me how lol.. lets just say it involved me geting shocked lol Haha.......... but my next question is how do I get the fule filter out of my holly carb model 4360 450cfm *some doe-doe put that on lol... odd thing is that a very good auto machanic of mine said it almost looks factory *. the filter is in the inlet to the carb but I used pretty much everything to get it out... used plyer/cresent wrenches/wrenches. and I couldent even get the nut to budge. I want to take it out and put an inline filter on but I want to get that out first to make sure that nothing but clean fule is geting in there. what do you think?................... and I was wondering... what are some cheep gas and power enhancers can I do? I already got a flowtech Raptor on there and it doesent have cats on. and I have a K&N filter on... and I put on like I said a high proformance Coil on. and I try to keep up on the plugs.... I use Bosh platnums. might look into double plats. but any ideas would be good... thanks.... matt

Sponsored Links
Old 05-22-04, 01:58 PM
I think that since you have had a crescent wrench and pliers on it why not use vise grips now since the nut on the line is ruined.There are special wrenches made to loosen fuel lines,flare nut wrenches are what you should use.If a flare nut wrench won't take it off use vise grips then replace the line.You also need to hold the nut the line nut screws into.